Sunday, September 13, 2009

Busy, busy, busy!

I have'nt been able to blog for some time. Part of the reason was my own laziness. But the real reason, which probably forms three-fourths of the reason (maybe, I think! :)) is the amount of stuff and work that has been keeping me busy. Here are a couple of those things:

  • I have been preparing for college admissions. I don't think it's very difficult to gain entry into a medical college over here but, yeah, it's not a piece of cake either; especially when you're aiming to get admitted on the basis of merit. 'On the basis of merit' gives you some discount in the fee structure (education sounds commercialized, doesn't it?) Who wouldn't want that? Anyway, I'm applying for dental colleges since I want to become a dentist. So far I have given only one test and, thank God, I got in! *jumps in joy* But that college did not offer any seats on the basis of merit so I excused myself, ditched the interview procedure, and am now back to the drawing/studying board. There is still one month till the test. Ample amount of time, Alhamdolilllah. Will discuss more about my prep later!

  • Secondly, Ramadan had started and I was focusing on self-improvement, character-building and, of course, developing healthier eating habits- which translates into: avoid artifical-color laden ketchup (aka scrumptious poison) and white bread (which is probably the worst thing you can put in your body). Other oily, greasy food stuff was also avoided and fruits and water was given top preference. I do hope I'm able to continue this healthy lifestyle even after Ramadan. InshAllah (God-willing)! I have found it most satisfying and refreshing. "All you can(not) eat" has been my motto this Ramadan.

  • Thirdly, I have been busy in prayer. There is so much I want to ask God for (not just sparkly shoes and clothes! Although I wouldn't mind having a few more). And, really, if we would only ask Allah sincerely and humbly, He would (inshallah) fulfill our prayers. We usually underestimate the power of prayer and lose out on a great opportunity to get our prayers accepted. This may sound very fairy-tale like and you must be wondering whether I grew up watching too many Disney movies. But it is for real. Try it some day :)


“And those whom you call upon other than Him are not able to help you, nor can they help themselves.” ~ Al-Quran

“Thee alone we worship and Thee alone we ask for help." (Chapter 1: Surah Fatiha)


“And your Lord says: Call on Me; I will answer your (prayer). But those who are too arrogant to serve Me will surely find themselves in Hell-in humiliation.” (Chapter40:60)

No comments: