Saturday, July 23, 2005

Just wanted to say: Hi!

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

Hi there!
I’ll start my post with the common Islamic greeting: “Assalam-o-Alaikum!”(May peace be upon you).

Ah! The start is pretty good, but now I have no idea what to talk about. I’m in a quandary for the past one week, as I can’t find anything to write about. My finger is sore from pressing on the “Backspace” button and all I can do is take refuge in front of the T.V.
Today I found this site and decided to give it a go. I sat down on the computer chair and buckled up (it’s gonna be a bumpy ride!). I started at around 1 p.m. in the afternoon and at 6.20p.m in the evening the situation stood thus: I had raided the fridge a dozen times (you can never work on an empty stomach!), my table top was strewn with dirty dishes and my mind was going haywire due to fruitless brainstorming. To top it all, my mother was irritated, as there was a mounting pile of dishes in the kitchen.

Well…that’s life. At least, I got something to write in the end. Earlier, I just used to waste my time writing about a cat hair I found on the keyboard. Believe it or not, I would spend hours writing about how it ended up there. My theories were sensible at first…but that was before I began thinking that the cats were running some underworld group. I went as far as to believe that they were going to take over the world through our computer. Haha ha ha ha ha!

Talking about cats, I just remembered, MBC 2 is airing “Cats and Dogs” in ten minutes! I know, I know it’s a very old movie and probably not that good (from what I’ve heard) but, I never quite got to see it. T o give you the correct picture: actually in my family, we either watch pirated movies two or three days before the actual release date (go piracy!) or watch it two three years later on movie channels.
Anyway, the main reason I want to watch it, is – Cats. I don’t really care if they have been portrayed as evil and devious as long there are cute, cuddly, adorable, furry cats sprawling on the carpets, meowing and purring.

Okay, it’s on! Have to go! Toodleee
See you! Allah-Hafiz.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This world is a cultivating ground for the Hereafter" Holy Prophet (p.b.u.h)

“ The less you try to be beautiful, the more your better qualities will come through.” Hilary Devris.Style

No comments: