Wednesday, October 29, 2008

How I learned to bake...



'Finally! I baked something!' I thought as I slid the dish into the oven. Having an elder sister who bakes and pretty much 'dominates' the kitchen scene can be very frustrating. Whenever you wish to bake something she comes in the way... either you're too 'young and inexperienced' or 'don't know how to cook'.

Well, you see, I'd learn if she'd let me do something! I can't stir anything in the pan without her rushing in on the scene, grabbing the stirrer and  saying, 'No! You don't know how to do it! I'll show you!' It was the same story with the cake mixer and the blender. I couldn't hold it for more than a second...

But no matter what the case, I never got to bake anything until the day when I completely lost my top and charged into the kitchen like an enraged bull. That's how I learned to bake! It resulted in an exothermic reaction that created tonnes and tonnes of heat but on the bright side I didn't have to switch on the oven. My anger did all the cooking! 

No comments: